Vintage to antique metallic gold leather heavily beaded evening bag
Fabulous gold leather early 20c bag with twisted lamé strap, and square hinged frame. To the front of the frame is frosted glass decoration, and filigree to the back. Both sides of the bag are heavily decorated with soutache style threads.
I've owned this for a long time as I just liked to look at it!
- The top right stone is a replacement, as is the metallic thread (although vintage it's not quite as aged.
- There is some age discolouration to frosted glass
- There is a small amount of verdigris to clasp
- You have to twist hard to close the kiss clasp, but once held it does stay .. the frame is a little pliable!
- interior shows some use, with lipstick marks!
8" x 6" approx, body of bag