Vintage 1940s CC41 utility dress - black crepe with embroidered yoke - a/f
Not perfect, but perfectly wearable!
Utility labelled black crepe dress, with embroidered details to yoke. Mock surplice bodice with asymmetric button and loop detail just for show (good restricted material saving measure!).
Good bishop style sleeves with snaps to cuffs, and pin-tucked details to skirt.
- Main issue is the left sleeve and shoulder line show some dye breakdown/fade. You could possibly re-dye? Or just ignore it as not glaring - but definitely there. See photos.
- There is also a small mend to the same shoulder line area, as shown
- Back dart re-sewn by hand 1" as shown
- Small bleach spot back RH sleeve
- Missing belt, just needs a black one
- repair to underarm seam, some very faint underarm s=disc but i have heavily lightened the image which makes it look far worse than it is.
I bought this for me but I have far too much black!
Measures: I'd say approx a modern 10/12 max. I didn't clip to mannequin (UK8) so could be worn by smaller for looser fit. Bear in mind no openings - the waist will stretch to 36" MAX to go over your bust, so ribcage can certainly be no bigger!
Bust 38"/ Waist 32" (belt to fit) / Hips up to 42" max / Length 42" / U/arm to cuff 16.5"