1960s crayola green vintage shift dress with flared sleeves in fine textured weave - Shubette
I've owned and loved this for years, and interestingly I noticed that the recent Ossie Clark collection produced an almost identical dress in black and grey..
Bold emerald green, with chartreuse curved inset panels to flared 3/4 sleeves. In a bonded textured weave, it fastens to the rear with a concealed metal zipper. The dress is fitted over the bust in a shift shape. Sleeves are lined.
Made by Shubette, I love the sleeves as they have a hint of the psychedelic influence of the time!
Measures: Approx a modern UK8
Hips 36" max
Length from nape to hem 34"
It had evidently been worn before I owned it, and whilst immediately wearable and visually striking there are a couple of minor flaws..
- there is some slight felting to the wool in the crease of the underarm areas, where it has rubbed
- underarm seam has two rows of stitching to secure, and on one side one row is missing but the seam is still joined fine by the second.
- has possibly been shortened but works well at this length if so? Hand stitched hem.
- there’s a really faint mark to lower right side that is almost impossible to demonstrate.. but I’m pointing to it!
- the odd small pull as shown