original 1960s Paco Rabanne style space age chain mail interlinked disc bag - Walborg Purse?
I've sold the actual 1969 Cardin version of this before, and this is very similar - but not exactly identical. Walborg purses in the US did a very similar version, allegedly under license, and I believe this is possibly one of them - but is missing any makers label so can't be certain.
It still has the same original look as the 1969 Paco Rabanne but with a lower price tag - especially if you buy this season's modern reissue! These seem to sell for upwards of $200
Gold multi interlinking discs form a chain mail effect in this gold 1960s evening bag with shoulder strap. Lightweight, feels like aluminium which has been coated with a bright goldtone finish
Lined in a golden yellow faille fabric, with metal zippered top section.
Inner side pocket for mirror. Older label stitched into the base of the lining reads 'made in hong kong'. Both lining and label are fairly standard for Walborg so think they probably are the manufacturer.
approx 8" x 6", with a row of discs down either side to give it a slightly boxy effect. The strap is 31" long. The discs are a little under an inch wide.
Very good. Lining is clean internally and don't seem to be any missing links or discs. Being picky and for completeness there are..
- A couple of spots where the finish has rubbed to the gold.
- Some darker marks to top of lining near zip as shown
- The bar which creates the straight line along the back inner has a slight kink but doesn't affect the bag externally
- the end of the original zipper pull was missing so I have replaced it as shown with a small rectangular bar. Will include a gold ball pull from lightning zipper which you could swap for if desired!
- I noticed one joining ring was missing after taking photos so have replaced with as identical as possible, so hard to tell. Last photo.