vintage 1970s ivory crepe Paul poly boutique style dress with satin detail
1970s does 30s with this biba-esque day dress in ivory polyester crepe. Tonal satin features include rever collar, corselette waist,satin backed yoke, and split turn back winged cuffs.
Buckled half belt to rear is also done in satin with decorative buckle. Front button detail is also purely for decoration.
Fastens with side metal zip, and a small hook and eye to bustline.
Label is 'Paul Poly?', which I can find nothing about. It's labelled a vintage size 10, so a petite fit.
Measures: Approx a modern UK8? XS
Bust 34” including cup room, fairly narrow bra band (30/32?)
waist 25” Max, can belt to 24” should you need to
hips up to 40” (flared)
Length from nape to hem approx 38”
Condition: generally good for a lighter coloured dress of this era! Some niggles to note..
- A couple of minimal pulls to the crepe fabric
- A faint mark to the satin just below the buttons, and one to the lapel.
- cf seam does show seam pull a little if worn too tight. You could redo a few inches of seam if it bothers you.
- Previous press studs added by last owner to collar removed to restore original collar line, evidence of them remains but not noticeably visible when worn.
- I’ve left the press stud to back of belt but could be moved to enlarge. The buckle is not sewn in place.
- some age yellowing to the cuffs, have cleaned and lifted some, but not soaked/spot cleaned so could possibly improve further if you’re bothered.
Please see photos. It’s a lovely frock!