Vintage late 1940s to early 50s spring flower print day dress
Amazing print of primroses and possibly daffodils - or just more primroses! - amidst greenery. Feels like a cotton blend. It's commercially made, with the very remnants of a woven size tag at neckline.
Just handwashed, clean and immediately wearable with the following noted minor flaws..
- Original belt loops missing but hard to tell unless you look at seams (could wear with or without a waist belt, however).
- Looks to have had shoulder pads? which have been reduced down to now just give some shape. Please see photo.
- Replacement vintage buttons (one spare included!), as originals missing and fabric beneath had pulled/frayed where attached. Now hidden, but visible in part from back of placket.
- Possibly shortened, as mentioned. I haven’t unpicked you see if you could let it down, machined hem internally has been tacked up.
- Generally neat and tidy, but some stray threads to edges of seams on self-facing.